Food Service Worker, Full-Time S02, The Statler Hotel
Cornell University embraces diversity and seeks candidates who will contribute to a climate that supports students, faculty and staff of all identities and backgrounds. We strongly encourage individuals from underrepresented and/or marginalized identities to apply.
Cornell University’s Statler Hotel has launched a search for a full-time, 9-month S02 Food Service worker to join our Ground Floor Restaurants Team. We have two fantastic grab & go eateries, Mac’s Café & the Terrace Restaurant, that provide delicious and diverse food options to our students, employees and visitors.
The Statler Hotel employees are a team of hospitality professionals who proudly lead the premiere collegiate lifestyle hotel, welcoming the world to the cherished gathering place for those who love Cornell University. We challenge thinking, while connecting and cultivating people. Our actions are driven by a collective aspiration to build a culture of collaboration, celebration and excellence. Our mission is to provide uniquely crafted experiences through personalized connections that will inspire future leaders who will change the world of hospitality.
The Food Service Worker S02 Opportunity:
The primary role of our Food Service Worker team is to serve high-quality food, quickly and safely, according to the set restaurants’ standards, while providing exceptional guest service. Team members will be assigned to a station according to business needs for the day/week/semester; flexibility in work assignments is necessary.
- One year related food service experience.
- A working knowledge of food preparation and presentation
- Good customer service skills
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time
- Must be able to lift 25 lbs regularly
- Must maintain an up to date “food handlers” safety certification
- Ability to learn to operate food preparation equipment, including: fryer, choppers, slicers, mixers, ovens, steamer and various hand tools including knives
- Is knowledgeable of allergens and is able to serve a guest with a known allergy
- Must be able to work a variable work schedule that may include days, nights, weekends, Holidays, special events; subject to change on short notice.
- Prior experience working in high volume, quick service food service setting
- Experience working in a collegiate setting
Rewards & Benefits at Cornell:
This position is a full-time position based in Ithaca, NY, and is eligible for benefits. No sponsorship and no relocation assistance are available for this position. If interested in applying, please submit a cover letter and resume to highlight your interest and experience for the position. Cornell has been nationally recognized as an award-winning workplace for our health, wellbeing, sustainability and diversity initiatives.
Cornell’s key benefits include:
- Health Care – Several plan options for Endowed medical, dental, prescription drug, and vision care coverage.
- Generous Paid Time Off & Leave Provisions with flexible work options – This includes vacation time, health and personal time, holidays, and parental leave.
- Retirement Plans – Employees are eligible for the 403(b) Cornell University Retirement Plan (CURP) which offers superior retirement savings benefits.
- Education – Options include the Employee Degree Program, taking classes to enrich your career skills, New York’s 529 College Savings Program, and Cornell Children’s Tuition Scholarship.
- Wellbeing – Working in a university setting gives you access to our athletic facilities and a plethora of wellness programs, NCAA sporting events, music, art and theater, lectures and other presentations and events.
To explore the full range of Cornell Employee Benefits further, follow this link: Cornell Benefits
The Statler Hotel & The Nolan School of Hotel Administration:
Located in the heart of a vibrant Ivy League campus, the Statler Hotel is part of Cornell University’s Nolan School of Hotel Administration and is the gateway to Cornell University for many visitors. Inspired by curiosity, the humble spirit of Upstate New York, and the scenic beauty of the Finger Lakes region, the Hotel has earned the dual distinction as the area’s only AAA Four Diamond Award-winning property and the Ivy League’s only “teaching hotel.” With 153 rooms, the Statler Hotel is a full-service property with a conference center, four restaurants and over 16,000 square feet of meeting and banquet facilities.
The Cornell Peter & Stephanie Nolan School of Hotel Administration is the premier school for hospitality education in the world. As an integral part of the Cornell SC Johnson College of Business, the school is leading the world in teaching and researching the business of hospitality—marketing, finance, real estate, operations, and more, all applied to the world’s largest and most exciting industry. Top faculty, industry leaders, alumni, and students work together to generate new knowledge for the hospitality industry and form the premier network that shapes the industry every day.
Join Us & Apply Today!
This position is full-time, based in Ithaca, NY, and is eligible for benefits. If interested in applying, we welcome you to include a cover letter with your application to highlight your interest and experience for the position. No visa sponsorship is available for this position.
Familiarize yourself with Cornell’s COVID-19 workplace guidance as well as the university’s COVID-19 services and information.
University Job Title:
Food Service Worker S02
United Auto Workers
Pay Rate Type:
Refer to Union Pay Rates Link Below
Remote Option Availability:
Job Titles and Pay Ranges:
Noted pay ranges reflect the potential pay opportunity for each job profile. The hiring rate of pay for the successful candidate will be determined considering the following criteria:
- Prior relevant work or industry experience
- Education level to the extent education is relevant to the position
- Unique applicable skills
- Academic Discipline (faculty pay ranges reflects 9-month annual salary)
To learn more about Cornell’s non-union staff job titles and pay ranges, see Career Navigator.
The hiring rate of pay for the successful candidate will be determined in accordance with the rates in the respective collective bargaining agreement. To learn more about Cornell’s union wages, see Union Pay Rates.
If you currently work at Cornell University, please exit this website and log in to Workday using your Net ID and password. Select the Career icon on your Home dashboard to view jobs at Cornell.
Online Submission Guidelines:
Most positions at Cornell will require you to apply online and submit both a resume/CV and cover letter. You can upload documents either by “dragging and dropping” them into the dropbox or by using the “upload” icon on the application page. For more detailed instructions on how to apply to a job at Cornell, visit How We Hire on the HR website.
For general questions about the position or the application process, please contact the Recruiter listed in the job posting or email email@example.com.
If you require an accommodation for a disability in order to complete an employment application or to participate in the recruiting process, you are encouraged to contact Cornell University’s Office of Institutional Equity and Title IX at voice (607) 255-2242, or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applicants that do not have internet access are encouraged to visit your local library, or local Department of Labor. You may also visit the office of Workforce Recruitment and Retention Monday – Friday between the hours of 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. to use a dedicated workstation to complete an online application.
Notice to Applicants:
Please read the required Notice to Applicants statement by clicking here. This notice contains important information about applying for a position at Cornell as well as some of your rights and responsibilities as an applicant.
Diversity and Inclusion are a part of Cornell University’s heritage. We are a recognized employer and educator valuing AA/EEO, Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities. We also recognize a lawful preference in employment practices for Native Americans living on or near Indian reservations. Cornell University is an innovative Ivy League university and a great place to work. Our inclusive community of scholars, students, and staff impart an uncommon sense of larger purpose, and contribute creative ideas to further the university’s mission of teaching, discovery, and engagement.
If you require alternative methods of application or screening, you must approach the employer directly to request this as H1BVisaJobs is not responsible for the employer’s application process.