- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution of higher learning
- Effective customer service, public speaking, conflict resolution skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to manage confidential and sensitive information appropriately
- Ability to problem-solve and exercise independent judgment and initiative
- Ability to make timely decisions and determine priorities
- Excellent attention to detail
- Effective time management and organizational skills
- Commitment to multiculturalism, diversity, and inclusion.
- Work experience with Federal student financial aid, financial aid professional judgement and financial resources
- Work experience in Higher Education
- Experience with computer applications (especially student information systems such as PeopleSoft).
- Work experience with students and/or colleagues from diverse backgrounds
UWL provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities who are employees or applicants for employment. Employment opportunities will not be denied because of the need to make reasonable accommodations for a qualified individual with a disability. If you need assistance or accommodation in applying because of a disability, please contact email@example.com or 608.785.8013. This job announcement and other material on this site will be made available in alternate formats upon request to an individual with a disability.
- Travel to conferences and training events as needed. Some evening hours for financial aid related events.
- Office setting
- excellent flexible health insurance with low co-pays and good coverage.
- paid holidays and sick days.
- sick leave may be converted at retirement to pay for health insurance post-work at UWL.
- after 5 years of employment, you become vested in our retirement system which ensures income post-career.
- benefits at UWL are highly competitive with local industry and some of the strongest in state and nation.
Benefit eligibility is determined at point of hire. This information is provided for illustrative purposes only. Benefits are also pro-rated based on the appointment percentage.
Information about UWL and the Surrounding Region
The University of Wisconsin-La Crosse is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to assembling a diverse, broadly trained faculty and staff. We strongly encourage women, minorities, people with disabilities and veterans to apply. UWL, in compliance with applicable laws and in furtherance of its commitment to fostering an environment that welcomes and embraces diversity, does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, disability, or protected veteran status.
UW-La Crosse’s diversity and inclusion efforts are guided by our adherence to Inclusive Excellence. We define Inclusive Excellence as “… our active, intentional and ongoing commitment to bridge differences with understanding and respect so all can thrive.” The goals of Inclusive Excellence are to increase the retention of diverse faculty, staff and students while encouraging a campus climate that is inviting and welcoming to all. UW-La Crosse strives to promote acceptance of all facets of diversity from racial/ethnic diversity to diversity of thought and experience. UW-La Crosse ranks 6th nationally among the Top LGBTQ-Friendly Colleges for 2018-19 by AffordableCollegesOnline.org (ACO).
For the UWL Annual Security and Fire Safety Reports (i.e., Clery Report), which includes statistics about reported crimes and information about campus security policies, see https://www.uwlax.edu/police/annual-security-report/ or contact the University Police Department at 608.785.9000.
Posting Detail Information
TO ENSURE CONSIDERATION : Priority consideration is given to those candidates who apply by the listed ‘First Review Date’. Applications received after that date may be given consideration at the discretion of the search committee. Application materials will be evaluated, and the most qualified applicants will be invited to participate in the next step of the selection process. Incomplete and/or late application materials may not receive consideration. If you have questions regarding this recruitment, or if you are not able to complete the application online due to a disability or system problem, please contact the Office of Human Resources.
Confidentiality of Applicant Materials
UWL is a state agency and subject to Wisconsin’s Open Records Law. UWL will not, however, reveal the identities of applicants who request confidentiality in writing except as may be required by Wisconsin’s Open Records law. In certain circumstances, the identities of “final candidates” and/or the identity of the appointed applicant must be revealed upon request.
CBC & Reference Check Policy
All candidates for employment are subject to a pre-employment screening which includes a criminal background check, work authorization, and verification of education. It will also require you and your references to answer questions regarding sexual violence and sexual harassment.
If you require alternative methods of application or screening, you must approach the employer directly to request this as H1BVisaJobs is not responsible for the employer’s application process.