As an Electrification Applications Engineer for John Deere Intelligent Solutions Group (ISG) located in Fargo, ND, you will…
- Support the application of our power electronics product family into electric drive systems.
- Support customers through answering questions, creation of documentation, providing training, conducting analysis, and planning and executing testing.
- Assist in on-site commissioning of new systems and vehicles, including troubleshooting system issues, making recommendations on applicable features and software parameters.
- Provide technical guidance to other engineers and travel as needed domestically and internationally to accomplish the tasks required of this position.
Visa sponsorship is available for this position.
What Skills You Need
- 3 or more years of experience in Power Electronics product design and/or application, including design and verification methods, manufacturing methods, and 3-phase motor control techniques (Master’s Degree candidate experience can be through internships, relevant coursework and/or professional experience)
- 3 or more years of experience working constructively with teams and individuals having diverse skills and different cultural backgrounds
- 3 or more years of experience in the creation and use of design and product documentation such as schematics, bill of materials, installation manuals, design analysis, and reliability predictions
- 3 or more years of experience executing analysis, simulation, and modeling of electric drive components and systems
- 3 or more years of experience conducting in-lab performance testing of components and systems
- Strong communications skills (English), including listening, verbal, written and presentation
- Ability to provide work direction to engineers, students, and technicians
- Ability to travel up to 25%, as needed
What Makes You Stand Out
- Power electronics product design experience from concept to production
- Experience with 100kW+ power electronic components
- Hands-on electrified system/vehicle integration experience, including major components, interfaces, auxiliaries, and lab measurement equipment
- Vehicle and/or grid-tied power electronics applications
- Proficiency with MathCAD, MATLAB/Simulink, and electronic circuit simulation tools
- Designing for harsh environmental specifications
- Experience with CAN communications and tools
- Experience with microcontroller and Field Programmable Gate Array (FPGA)-based designs
- Practical familiarity with Electrical Safety and Functional Safety standards
- Experience with Siemens/Mentor Graphics or other schematic capture tools
Ideally, you will have a degree or equivalent related work experience in the following:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering discipline
What You’ll Get
At John Deere, you are empowered to create a career that will take you to where you want to go while working in an inclusive team environment. Here, you’ll enjoy the freedom to explore new projects, the support to think outside the box and the advanced tools and technology that foster innovation and achievement. Additionally, we offer a comprehensive reward package to help you get started on your new career path, including:
- Flexible work arrangements
- Highly competitive base pay and performance bonuses
- Savings & Retirement benefits (401K and Defined Benefit Pension)
- Healthcare benefits with a generous company contribution in the Health Savings Account
- Adoption assistance
- Employee Assistance Programs
- Tuition assistance
- Fitness subsidies and on-site gyms at specific Deere locations
- Charitable contribution match
- Employee Purchase Plan & numerous discount programs for personal use
Follow this link to learn more about our Total Rewards Package https://bit.ly/3XCd8fL
The information contained herein is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and qualifications required of individuals performing the job. The qualifications detailed in this job description are not considered the minimum requirements necessary to perform the job, but rather as guidelines.
The terms of the applicable benefit plans, and all company actions administering or interpreting these plans, continue to control. Deere & Company reserves the right to suspend, amend, modify, or terminate the Plan(s) in any manner at any time, including the right to modify or eliminate any cost-sharing between the company and participants. Changes, which can be made at any time, are made by action of the company’s board of directors, or to the extent authorized by resolution of its board of directors, or by the Deere & Company Compensation Committee. In the event of a conflict between the language of the official Plan Documents and this document, the language of the official Plan Documents will control.
ACA Section 1557 Nondiscrimination Notice
The John Deere Health Benefit Plans for Salaried Employees and The John Deere Benefit Plan for Wage Employees comply with applicable Federal civil rights laws and do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, disability, or sex.
If you require alternative methods of application or screening, you must approach the employer directly to request this as H1BVisaJobs is not responsible for the employer’s application process.