This position is open to a hybrid work schedule allowing work from home several days per week ***
Do you want to work on design and construction projects that impact the world? Our employees have the opportunity to delve into many aspects of electrical engineering, including the design of complex power systems, observation and construction services, power system analyses, etc. CDM Smith wants to match you up with the projects that inspire you. You will collaborate on challenging and meaningful work that has a positive impact on the community and makes a difference in the world while applying innovative, state-of-the-art software and programs.
Responsibilities may include but are not limited to:
- Provide electrical design for various water and industrial related projects.
- Design may include developing electrical equipment selection and layouts, one-line diagrams, electrical load calculations, control schematics, writing specifications etc.
- Performs studies of power systems and electrical calculations for electrical systems, lighting simulations, lighting layouts, communications, fire alarm, security and other similar calculations.
- Performs site reviews and studies, as needed, to ensure designs are aligned with location specifications. Updates design requirements as necessary.
- Manage electrical power system or energy projects for a variety of clients including the US Federal Government.
- Collaborates with sales staff to create proposals in response to current and potential client requests for proposal (RFPs).
- Reviews draft proposals for adherence to firm, industry, state, local and federal regulations and best practices.
- Meets with current and potential future clients to review their current and future design needs.
- Attends conferences, symposia, etc. to improve the visibility of the firm’s products and services in collaboration with applicable sales staff.
- Mentors more junior staff and develops them for future growth within the discipline and firm.
- May supervise the work of junior engineers on project work.
- Experience with electrical design for water/waste water design projects is preferred.
- Experience with SKM Power*Tools or other electrical system analysis software is preferred.
Amount of Travel Required
Skills and Abilities
U.S. Vaccine Status
Background Check and Drug Testing Information
Visa Sponsorship Available