Full Job Description
Environmental Health and Safety
When you join Caterpillar, you’re joining a global team who cares not just about the work we do, but also each other. We are the makers, the problem-solvers and the future world builders. We don’t just talk about progress and innovation here – we make it happen. Together with our customers around the world we are building a smarter, stronger, more sustainable world so we can all enjoy living in it.
About the role:
Caterpillar Oil & Gas and Marine Division (COGMD) is seeking a progressive Director of Environment, Health, and Safety (EHS) who is influential, hands-on, an excellent coach and strategic leader to enhance and mature our EHS culture, continuously improve comprehensive EHS programs and initiatives that create best-in-class regulatory compliance standards and align with organizational objectives. Reporting directly to the Global Divisional Head of EHS and leading a team of dispersed professionals across the Americas in our Oil and Gas Organization, this position requires excellence in EHS standards and practices, comfort in the field, and effectiveness in communication and influence of senior leaders.
What you will be doing:
- Lead, coach, and develop a global team of approximately ten EHS professionals to maximize effectiveness and build pipeline strength
- Partner and provide strategic EHS advice to the Oil and Gas executive team
- Continue to deepen our culture built on our proactive leading indicators within the Internal Maturity Model
- Implement, enhance, and oversee EHS policies, procedures, and training programs that promote a culture of safety, environmental stewardship, and sustainability across the Oil and Gas organization
- Identify EHS hazards and trends inherent in the organization’s operations and establish and implement methods and guidelines to mitigate those hazards
- Ensure compliance with federal, state, and local regulations, and industry best practices for EHS while being hands-on and visible in the field
- Communicate and report EHS performance and measures to senior leaders, drive continuous improvement in EHS performance metrics, and present data in a clear, concise, and motivating way
- Focus on a continued shift from lagging to leading indicators to drive the right behaviors that algin with Human and Organizational Performance (HOP)
- Enhance EHS coaching and developing a robust learning culture for internal customers across various locations through a combination of technical expertise, analytics, and innovative solutions
- Develop strong relationships and seek understanding of internal and external customer’s needs across manufacturing, operations, and office environments through frequent communication and site visits
- Develop and implement best-in-class examples of EHS Assurance & Field Service Manual Requirements
- Act as a liaison between and develop relationships with regulatory/governmental agencies
- Represent sites in Divisional & Corporate EHS Projects, National EHS Organizations
- Primary location is Fort Worth, TX but will consider Houston, TX for the right candidate (relocation assistance is available)
- Travel up to 25% across the Americas
What you will have:
- Bachelor’s degree in environmental science, occupational health and safety, or related field. Master’s degree preferred but not required.
- 8+ years of previous EHS experience, preferably in a manufacturing or related field environment
- 3+ years of EHS leadership experience, with proven success at developing people and developing a positive team dynamic
- Extensive understanding of complex EHS concepts and regulations
- Demonstrated experience partnering with and influencing executive leadership, as well as operational leadership and supervisors
- Excellent communication skills, including that of complex technical information and data to a variety of stakeholders
- Experience building and executing EHS strategy with focus on cultural enhancement and capability building
- Proven ability to evaluate and solve complex technical and cultural EHS related issues
- Skill in crafting and executing vision by inspiring and engaging teams
- Ability to work with effectively with a global team while exhibiting patience, curiosity, and cultural understanding
Caterpillar offers a comprehensive and competitive benefits package that includes bonus potential for this position. Employee benefits include:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Paid time off plan (Vacation, Holiday, Volunteer, Etc.)
- 401k savings plan
- Health savings account (HSA)
- Flexible spending accounts (FSAs)
- Short and long-term disability coverage
- Life Insurance
- Paid parental leave
- Healthy Lifestyle Programs
- Employee Assistance Programs
- Voluntary Benefits (Ex. Accident, Identity Theft Protection)
Relocation assistance is offered for this position.
Visa sponsorship available for eligible applicants.
As a global company, Caterpillar offers many job opportunities outside of the U.S which can be found through our employment website at www.caterpillar.com/careers #LI
Relocation is available for this position.Visa sponsorship available for eligible applicants.EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals – Including minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities – are encouraged to apply.
Not ready to apply? Submit your information to our Talent Network here .
If you require alternative methods of application or screening, you must approach the employer directly to request this as H1BVisaJobs is not responsible for the employer’s application process.