Full Job Description
Digital Content Producer
- Position: Digital Content Producer
- Location: Evanston, IL
- Full Time/Part Time: Full Time
- Hours: Monday-Friday, 8am-4:30pm
- Required Travel: N/A
As the Digital Content Producer at NorthShore – Edward-Elmhurst Health, you will be responsible for developing digital communications that advance the health of our communities. You’ll create meaningful digital content that is easy to find and understand, while also being visually appealing, providing our audiences with the information they are seeking. This role will be responsible for creating and executing the digital content strategy, planning, researching, writing, editing and enhancing digital content distributed across an array of digital platforms.
This role is part of the Digital Marketing team and reports to the System Manager, Digital Content & Experience. As a part of this role, you will collaborate with cross-functional teams to create impactful content that aligns with our business objectives, priorities and brand standards, while focusing on users’ needs and behaviors.
Essential Job Functions
- Research, write and edit copy for various digital formats including websites (internal and external), landing pages, apps, video descriptions, metadata, email newsletters, whitepapers, infographics and more.
- Edit copy prepared by others ensuring correct, consistent and concise communications and manage the repurposing of the content throughout digital platforms.
- Utilize copy, graphic design, video, photography and other creative elements to conceptualize page layouts and work closely with digital content specialist to implement the content on the websites.
- Work closely with the marketing content studio and clinical marketing teams to strategize and produce lead-generating digital content.
- Ensure content adheres to accessibility standards, aligns with the brand voice and follows the brand’s editorial style guide.
- Collaborate with team and subject matter experts to write and edit engaging, value-added content for best consumer experience.
- Develop content that resonates with our target audiences and appeals to audiences across the patient journey.
- Identify patients’ needs and gaps in our content and recommend new topics.
- Perform and share competitive market research to better inform content development.
- Provide content publishing support for websites as needed.
- Play a leading role in the management of on-page SEO:
- Use SEO strategies in writing to maximize the online visibility of the websites in search results.
- Set goals based on click through rates, conversions and traffic.
- Keep the organization up to date on the latest SEO trends and changes on key search engines.
- Perform ongoing keyword/content topic research and discovery, expansion and optimization.
- Perform competitor analysis.
- Implement SEO recommendations on the website.
- Work with the marketing content studio and clinical marketing teams to drive SEO in content creation.
Education, Experience & Licensure
Level of Education Required:
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Marketing, Journalism, or a related field.
Minimum Length and Nature of Experience Required:
- Three (3) or more years of experience as a digital content writer/editor or related role, preferably within healthcare
- Three (3) or more years of SEO experience
Minimum Length and Nature of Experience Preferred:
- Three (3) or more years of website content administration or a related field.
Special Knowledge and Skills Required:
- Proven experience writing for digital experiences across all stages of the consumer journey: awareness, consideration, evaluation, and action
- Proven experience with SEO tools (e.g., SEMRush, Google Search Console, Google Trends, Moz Pro, Ahrefs etc.)
- Understanding of HTML and CSS as well as digital best practices
- Knowledge of ranking factors and search engine algorithms for Google, Bing, YouTube, etc
- Experience with website analytics tools and video streaming platforms
- Experience working in content management systems
- Experience working and building relationships with internal cross-functional groups
- Strong quantitative analytical ability and excellent communication skills
- Detail oriented
- Strong project management skills and excellent organizational and time management skills, ability to manage multiple responsibilities simultaneously
- Experience and success with a creative process that goes from idea to execution
- Experience collaborating with and coordinating across numerous and different stakeholders
- Preferred experience with photo selection and digital photo editing
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and Adobe Creative Cloud
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with an emphasis on grammar/spelling excellence
- Ability to self-manage and work independently
- Experience with photography/videography basics is a plus
- Experience working with healthcare is a plus
- Experience managing content translation is a plus
- Writing samples are required
- Career Pathways to Promote Professional Growth and Development
- Various Medical, Dental, Pet and Vision options, including Domestic Partner Coverage
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Free Parking
- Wellness Program Savings Plan
- Health Savings Account Options
- Retirement Options with Company Match
- Paid Time Off and Holiday Pay
- Community Involvement Opportunities
- Visa Sponsorship Available (Nursing and Lab roles)
Diversity, equity and inclusion is at the core of who we are; being there for our patients and each other with compassion, respect and empathy. We believe that our strength resides in our differences and in connecting our best to provide community-connected healthcare for all.