Diversity, Equity & Inclusion (DE&I) Specialist
We are looking for a Diversity, Equity, & Inclusion (DE&I) Specialist to assist in coordinating and promoting our strategic efforts to craft a truly diverse workforce and inclusive culture free from discrimination and workplace harassment for all team members, patients, and families. The DE&I Specialist will interact as a creditable business-oriented solution provider and trusted partner throughout NorthShore to move diversity initiatives forward.
The DE&I Specialist proactively supports and communicates the delivery of DE&I strategies, initiatives, and policies for equity at NorthShore University HealthSystem. Additionally, this role is responsible for increasing organizational awareness, data analysis, and project management of internal and community-focused DE&I programs for the organization.
To be successful in this role, you should have experience in HR and knowledge of innovative DE&I solutions. Ultimately, you will ensure we continue developing DE&I solutions across the various functions within NorthShore.
- Position: Diversity, Equity & Inclusion (DE&I) Specialist
- Location: Skokie, IL
- Full Time/Part Time: Full Time
- Hours: Monday-Friday, during normal business hours
- Required Travel: North Region locations (Lake and Cook County) and South Region (Warrenville and Naperville)
What you will do:
- Develop and Facilitate DE& I curriculum and skill-building workshops covering DE&I topics.
- Spearhead facilitating individual/office education/re-education on DE&I topics using experiential learning techniques.
- Implement and communicate DE&I strategies across the healthcare system that reflect leading DE&I trends and demonstrate innovation consistent with NorthShore’s DE&I maturity level.
- Assist with internal and external communication and content creation.
- Leverage deep business understanding to identify issues, diagnose root causes, provide insights, offer recommendations, and develop proactive solutions to solve pressing business objectives through a talent lens such as productivity, performance, engagement, attraction, retention, and recognition.
- Apply analytical skills and attention to detail to understand complex issues and root causes.
- Create and maintain an environment of equal employment opportunity, diversity, and competitive advantage, supporting the company’s diversity and inclusion strategic plan.
- Collaborate with Talent Management and Talent Acquisition teams to support workforce planning strategies, attracting and retaining top talent.
- Own the centralized information system to make all diversity, equity, and inclusion initiatives more visible.
- Guide and support internal Employee Resource Groups
- Revise and update all communication on our website, social media pages, job descriptions, and internal documents to ensure all information is relevant and current in partnership with the DE&I Director and DE&I Communications Specialist.
- Maintain and co-create a monthly DE&I calendar and information plan.
- Responsible for ensuring all New Hire Orientation DE&I information is updated.
- Represent NorthShore externally for local community outreach or recruiting events.
- Ensure compliance with state or country regulations on diversity and equity.
What you will need:
- Education: MBA/MS in Organizational Development, Psychology, Human Resources, Business Management, or related field preferred.
- Minimum 5-8 years of experience in a similar role and scope.
- Previous experience in Health Industry is preferred.
- Experience working in a large matrix organization.
- Unique or Preferred Skills:
- Thorough understanding of best practices, applicable policies, and federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations.
- Ability to handle complex issues with discretion and always maintain confidentiality.
- Has a natural curiosity and mindset for innovation and drive to be best in class.
- Evidence displaying emotional intelligence with the ability to problem solve, collaborate with others, and a can-do attitude.
- Strong ownership drive, proactive and deadline driven.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- Clear and concise verbal and written communication skills.
- Career Pathways to Promote Professional Growth and Development
- Various Medical, Dental, Pet and Vision options, including Domestic Partner Coverage
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Free Parking
- Wellness Program Savings Plan
- Health Savings Account Options
- Retirement Options with Company Match
- Paid Time Off and Holiday Pay
- Community Involvement Opportunities
- Visa Sponsorship Available (Nursing and Lab roles)
NorthShore – Edward-Elmhurst Health is a fully integrated healthcare delivery system committed to providing access to quality, vibrant, community-connected care, serving an area of more than 4.2 million residents across six northeast Illinois counties. Our more than 25,000 team members and more than 6,000 physicians aim to deliver transformative patient experiences and expert care close to home across more than 300 ambulatory locations and eight acute care hospitals – Edward (Naperville), Elmhurst, Evanston, Glenbrook (Glenview), Highland Park, Northwest Community (Arlington Heights) Skokie and Swedish (Chicago) – all recognized as Magnet hospitals for nursing excellence. Located in Naperville, Linden Oaks Behavioral Health, provides for the mental health needs of area residents. For more information, visit NorthShore.org, SwedishCovenant.org, NCH.org and EEHealth.org.
When you work for NorthShore – Edward-Elmhurst Health, you will be part of an organization that encourages its employees to achieve career goals and maximize their professional potential.
Please explore our website (www.northshore.org) to better understand how NorthShore – Edward-Elmhurst Health delivers on its mission to “help everyone in our communities be their best”.
NorthShore – Edward-Elmhurst Health is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. Please refer to the main career page for more information.
Diversity, equity and inclusion is at the core of who we are; being there for our patients and each other with compassion, respect and empathy. We believe that our strength resides in our differences and in connecting our best to provide community-connected healthcare for all.
EOE: Race/Color/Sex/Sexual Orientation/ Gender Identity/Religion/National Origin/Disability/Vets, VEVRRA Federal Contractor.
If you require alternative methods of application or screening, you must approach the employer directly to request this as H1BVisaJobs is not responsible for the employer’s application process.