CDM Smith is pursuing a Construction Management Professional 6 to join our established team of accomplished professionals. Construction management experience in water, wastewater, and conveyance is highly desired. As a member of our team, this individual will provide technical expertise to the firm, and leadership to a staff of construction representatives and project support staff. The individual will plan, direct, and coordinate construction projects ranging from large multi-discipline projects to moderately complex. lease work with your recruiter to populate.
- Travel between project sites throughout the state of California may be necessary
- Coordinate and control all construction management activities including CPM scheduling, claims management, project coordination, risk management, and quality management on a large complex construction management assignment.
- Communicate and interface with internal/external team members and authorities involved in the planning, design, execution and construction activities.
- Manage, monitor, and track project objectives including scope of work, schedule and budget.
- Serve as the primary contact for the Client and home office staff.
- Build the project team including subconsultants and subcontractors and manage their duties and activities.
- Ensure that construction is completed in accordance with the Contract Documents and CDM Smith Quality Standards.
- Establish processes and procedures to reduce cost, limit risks and provide a safe work environment for our staff.
- Mentor staff and contribute to the firm’s knowledge management system.
- Assist in development of a construction management network
- Experience with water and wastewater treatment facilities.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Proven leadership abilities.
- Demonstrated record of high performance in managing large/complex water or wastewater construction projects.
- Excellent understanding of alternative delivery construction methods.
- Ability to work independently, oversee construction contractors, manage a staff of construction representatives and project support staff, oversee controls staff including master scheduling and budgets, and prepare high-level reports to the client and governing entities
- Proficiency with typical computer-based management and Microsoft Office Suite.
- Prefer CCM certification.
Amount of Travel Required
Background Check and Drug Testing Information
Pay Range Minimum
Pay Range Maximum
Visa Sponsorship Available