With general direction, prepares basic to moderately complex design assignments, and/or with minimal direction performs highly complex Intelligent Modeling and/or CADD drafting assignments, detail and/or general arrangement drawings through proper translation of level of design (LOD), drawings and sketches of unusual, complex, or original designs requiring the application of predominantly practical engineering knowledge.
- Reviews manufacturers’ or fabricators’ prints for aid in design documents.
- Provides lower‐level modeling personnel with design sketches for preparation of finished design drawings, general layouts, and guidance in refining technical requirements.
- Determines material needs and performs necessary calculations using accepted formulas and references per firm’s standards.
- Performs CADD/technical support tasks such as verifying intelligent model integrity.
- Acts as Intelligent Modeling Coordinator for basic to moderately complex projects during the project lifecycle to ensure coordination between the design team.
- Performs crosscheck of drawings to ensure consistency of drawings, cross sections, section placement layering guidelines, and adherence to firm’s Q/QC standards
- Provides general conceptual input to projects during the planning stages and supports or leads field assignments as required.
- Provides technical guidance to lower‐level design/drafting personnel and reviews completed assignments for accuracy and adherence to the firm’s QA/QC standards and procedures. Performs other duties as required.
- Performs related engineering support tasks such as plotting drawings, preparing transmittals, preparing overnight packages, file management and/or, filing prints, distributing drawings, and assisting in making simple design calculations, and, coordinating specifications with drawings.
- Establishes design criteria for assigned phases of a project requiring the application of basic engineering principles, material properties, and a familiarity with construction, installation, and maintenance procedures.
Amount of Travel Required
Skills and Abilities
Background Check and Drug Testing Information
Visa Sponsorship Available