Job Description & Qualifications
At Ford Motor Company, we believe freedom of movement drives human progress. We also believe in providing you with the freedom to define and realize your dreams. With our incredible plans for the future of mobility, we have a wide variety of opportunities for you to accelerate your career potential as you help us define tomorrow’s transportation.
Can you to make smart vehicles for a smart world? Join the Ford Product Development team. We are seeking forward-thinking, laser-focused professionals with a passion for bringing innovative, exciting and sustainable ideas to life. We have opportunities around the world for you to contribute to such advancements as autonomy, electrification, smart mobility technologies and more!
The Electrified Systems Engineering (ESE) organization is responsible for delivering the best fuel economy and refined Hybrid, Plug-in Hybrid and Battery Electric vehicles in every segment in which we compete. We strive to consistently provide the best customer vehicle value and profitability while delivering performance, durability, and fuel economy/range objectives. Take advantage of this opportunity to work in one of the most dynamic and growing organizations in Ford and to further Ford’s “Power of Choice” initiative.
What you will be able to do:
Battery Cell Integration & Test Engineer needed with interest and experience in battery cell technology. The individual will be responsible for determining battery cell capability and performance, and interfacing with battery pack and vehicle teams to integrate the cell for use in Mild Hybrid (mHEV), Full Hybrid (FHEV), Plug-in Hybrid(PHEV) and Battery Electric (BEV) vehicles.
- Interface with core and unit battery pack engineering teams (thermal, mechanical, and electrical)
- Interface with hybrid vehicle systems teams, energy analysis team
- Analyze vehicle and battery pack data as related to cell usage, performance, and life
- Cell performance, life, and degradation investigations and testing. Co-ordinate this work with cell modeling team
- Develop calibrations for cell-related battery controls; support advanced controls algorithm development
- Lead core design and release activities for electrified vehicle battery cell component
- Support cell related Unit GPDS deliverables for next generation battery programs
- Work with cell suppliers to develop quality documents for production (DFMEA, PFMEA, Control Plans, Engineering Specification)
- Support cell supplier validation items, coordinate regular communications with cell supplier (develop and coordinate test plans, review test data, evaluate design changes)
- Coordinate and/or conduct cell and battery pack characterization testing; analyze test data and provide engineering recommendations
- Develop cell and battery pack test methods; Key Life Test development and evaluation
- Assist with new battery cell technology assessments
- Awareness of and compliance with high-voltage safety practices.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Chemical, Electrical, or Mechanical Engineering, or combination of education and related experience.
- 3+ months of experience with analyzing/evaluating designs and data.
- 3+ months of experience with battery test equipment such as cyclers, thermal chambers, and chillers
- Master’s Degree in Chemical, Electrical, or Mechanical Engineering (with emphasis in energy storage or Mechanical/Electrical Engineering with battery experience), or combination of education and related experience.
- 1+ years direct experience with analyzing/evaluating designs and data.
- 1+ years of experience with battery test equipment such as cyclers, thermal chambers, chillers
- Fluency with Data analysis software (MATLAB, Excel, INCA, ATI)
- Familiarity with powertrain controls, battery controls, test scripting, and CAN
- Knowledge of battery test equipment (cyclers, thermal chambers, chillers)
- Self-motivated, willing to learn, good written & verbal communication skills, team-oriented
- High Voltage Safety Training
What you will receive in return
As part of the Ford family, you will enjoy excellent compensation and a comprehensive benefits package that includes generous PTO, retirement, savings and stock investment plans, incentive compensation and much more. You will also experience exciting opportunities for professional and personal growth and recognition.
If you can help us redefine the future of mobility, we would love to have you join us.
Candidates for positions with Ford Motor Company must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is available for this position.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status or protected veteran status.
For information on Ford’s benefits and compensation, click here: https://corporate.ford.com/content/dam/corporate/us/en-us/documents/careers/2022-benefits-and-comp-GSR-sal-plan-1.pdf
At Ford, the health and safety of our employees is our top priority. Vaccination has been proven to play a critical role in combatting COVID-19. As a result, Ford has made the decision to require U.S. salaried employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless employees require an accommodation for religious or medical reasons. Being fully vaccinated means that an individual is at least two weeks past their final dose of an authorized COVID-19 vaccine regimen. As a condition of employment, newly hired employees will be required to provide proof of their COVID-19 vaccination or an approved medical or religious exemption.
Auto req ID