This recruitment will remain open until filled. The WSIB may make a hiring decision at any time. It is in the candidate’s best interest to apply early.
Some of the corporate governance responsibilities in this role include:
- Managing day-to-day activities associated with proxy voting and policy issues in corporate governance, including interpreting proxy information in regulatory filings.
- Monitoring voting (with associated record keeping and reporting) on all public equity shareholder proxies for annual and special meetings.
- Codifying the proxy voting policy and decision-making processes.
- Reviewing and updating the proxy voting policy as needed, and presenting proposed changes to the WSIB’s Board.
- Interpreting data received from corporate governance consultants.
- Contributing to advocacy efforts such as regulatory-related letter writing.
- Supporting the WSIB’s public company engagement program.
Competitive applicants for this role will have:
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, sustainability, public policy, or related fields; experience in securities law and/or proxy voting preferred, but not required.
- Minimum of two years of direct experience in corporate governance, sustainable finance, government affairs and/or corporate social responsibility.
The strongest applicant will have:
- Ability to analyze complex and sensitive proxy voting issues and provide communications, reports and recommendations to various audiences within the agency.
- Demonstrated judgement to make sound strategic decisions and produce high-quality work under tight deadlines.
- Strong interpersonal skills; ability to interact and collaborate effectively with people at all levels, including Board members, staff, investee companies, outside industry groups, and political and public officials.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills with a proven ability to communicate clearly, concisely, and accurately in public and private settings.
- Ability to adjust and work within an often-shifting ESG landscape.
- Self-starter with an ability to successfully prioritize and handle multiple priorities.
Prior to a new hire, a background check including education verification, credit check, and criminal record history will be conducted. Information from the background check will not necessarily preclude employment but will be considered in determining applicant’s suitability and competence to perform in the position.AT THE WSIB…
You’ll experience true work-life balance and talented, passionate co-workers focused on maximizing the investment returns for the exclusive benefit of the beneficiaries. The WSIB is a respected institutional investor and thought leader in its industry and we value diverse perspectives and life experiences. The WSIB is supportive of an H1B Sponsorship.The WSIB is an equal opportunity employer. Women, people of color and those representing diverse ethnicities, persons of disability, persons over 40 years of age, veterans, military spouses or people with military status, and people of all sexual orientations and gender identities are encouraged to apply.
The WSIB is committed to the full inclusion of all qualified individuals. As part of this commitment, the WSIB will ensure that persons with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact HR@sib.wa.gov.