Daimler Truck North America (DTNA), a division of Daimler Truck AG, is seeking innovative personnel to provide strategic and technical expertise within their IT Vehicle Electronics team in support of DTNA’s design and management of CAD software applications.
The IT Vehicle Electronics team is part of the IT Engineering group and is responsible for manufacturing backend systems of all NAFTA assembly locations, as well as aftersales. CHEC (Custom Hardware and Electronics Configurator tool) is part of a group of vehicle electronics applications that provides a platform to our plant and dealers to configure vocational trucks. The IT Vehicle Electronics team is looking for a person with relevant knowledge or experience in design, development, support and deployment of API backend services for a complex web application like CHEC. This position will involve interaction across several teams to gather relevant data and shaping user stories with our product team, truck engineering team and the development team.
- Provides application software development services typically in a defined project
- Develops program logic for new applications or analyzes and modifies logic in existing applications
- Codes, tests, debugs, documents and implements software applications
- Analyzes requirements, tests and integrates application components
- Ensures that system improvements are successfully implemented
- May test new software code and typically works in a highly efficient (“Agile”) development environment
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university/college and 2+ years relevant experience OR 6 years of relevant experience in lieu of degree
- Experience with C# .Net and .Net Core Web-Api (REST)
- Knowledge of repository design pattern
- Inversion of control (IoC) / dependency injection (DI) experience
- Db2/SqlServer (ODBC) knowledge
- NUnit, XUnit testing tools
- API documentation tools like Postman and/or Swagger.
- Familiarity with development and working with microservices.
- Experience with Splunk
- Experience wit GitHub
- Experience wit Jenkins
Portland, OR US
- Hold a valid existing visa (L1A, L1B, L2, TN, H1B, H4 EAD, OPT EAD, CPT)
- Daimler Truck North America employees working under an existing U.S. Daimler Truck North America visa
- Those eligible for a TN Visa (Canadian or Mexican National working in an Engineering, Accounting or Scientific Technologist capacity with an aligning degree)
- Those eligible for an L-1 (inter-company) Daimler Truck visa under the Corporate Blanket L-1 program would require at least one-year of qualifying experience in the last three years
- Final candidate must successfully complete a pre-employment drug screen and criminal background check
- Contractors, professional services, or other contingent workers should confirm with their local agency if they are eligible to apply for FTE positions