Full Job Description
What We’re Looking For
At HNTB, you can create a career that is meaningful to you while building communities that matter to all of us. For more than a century, we have been delivering solutions for some of the largest, most complex infrastructure projects across the country. With our historic growth, it is an exciting time to join our team of employee-owners.
This opportunity entails being responsible for leading a professional or technical discipline department in the design, development and delivery of project tasks while managing scope, budget, and quality control. This position coordinates project priorities, staffing schedules, and staff assignments to ensure clients are provided the proper resources at the appropriate time. Responsible for technical coaching and mentoring and efficient, productive utilization of staff in providing high-quality service.
What You’ll Do:
- Responsible for the development, monitoring, and management of the department’s operating budget in support of the group or office operating budget and forecast updates.
- Responsible for the management, growth, and professional development of discipline-specific planning department. Coordinates department activities, establishes priorities, and assign staff to projects. Ensures staff development, mentoring, and training needs are being met. Collaborates with other departments or groups within the office on work-sharing needs and opportunities.
- Supports the implementation of the firm’s strategic plan and SSA process on project pursuits in the department and office, including development of department-level strategic planning strategies.
- Supports the implementation of the firm’s contracting (SCA) process through project delivery and contracting activities including scope, work plan, and fee reviews for all contracting activities impacting the department.
- Supports the implementation of the firm’s project delivery (SDA) process including Work Planning, Monthly Project Reviews and other project performance methods to ensure quality work, on time, on schedule, to the client’s satisfaction.
- Assists in marketing responsibilities, including client discovery, proposal generation, interviews, and win-to-work activities
- Maintains client contacts to ensure client satisfaction. Leads and assists in sales and marketing efforts for department’s growth.
- Responsible for the recruitment, hiring, development, and retention of department staff, including development of plan for staff reporting, performance and compensation reviews, and succession.
- Project Delivery – Actively manages assigned project management activities (project scope, schedule, budget and quality management) and performs technical discipline tasks including research, reports, design, specifications, and plan preparation.
- Typically responsible for up to 20 direct and indirect reports.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
What You’ll Need:
- Bachelor’s degree in related field and 10 years practical experience including 2 years supervisory experience
What We Prefer:
- Master’s Degree in Business, Project Management, Planning, Landscape Architecture, Urban Design, Engineering, Geology, Biology, Environmental Science or related field
- American Institute of Certified Planner (AICP), Professional Transportation Planner (PTP), Registered Landscape Architect (RLA), -Registered Architect (RA), Certified Environmental Professional (CEP)
- 12 years of relevant experience
- 4 years supervisory experience
Click here for benefits information: HNTB Total Rewards
Click here to learn more about EOE including disability and vet
Visa sponsorship is available for this position.
NOTICE TO THIRD-PARTY AGENCIES:
HNTB does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or agencies. Any staffing/employment agency, person or entity that submits an unsolicited resume to this site does so with the understanding that the applicant’s resume will become the property of HNTB. HNTB will have the right to hire that applicant at its discretion and without any fee owed to the submitting staffing/employment agency, person or entity. Staffing/employment agencies who have fee agreements with HNTB must submit applicants to the designated HNTB recruiter to be eligible for placement fees.
Job Type: Regular
Full/Part Time: Full time
Job Category: Planning Group
If you require alternative methods of application or screening, you must approach the employer directly to request this as H1BVisaJobs is not responsible for the employer’s application process.