We are the movers of the world and the makers of the future. We get up every day, roll up our sleeves and build a better world together. At Ford, we’re all a part of something bigger than ourselves. Are you ready to change the way the world moves?
Ford Next is focused on rapidly incubating & launching new vehicle-adjacent businesses to create long-term value for the company beyond the wheel. Ford Next team members are flexible, with a startup mindset – this is a group that thrives on moving quickly and growing through change.
What you’ll do…
Develop, test, deploy, operate, and maintain cloud software for Cloud Platform Engineering (CPE) cloud-to-device organization. Deliver always-on, differentiated experiences for Ford Motor Company customers. Act as strong technical leader with focus on serving Ford customers and developing team members. Deliver and maintain a portfolio of cloud software applications and services from inception through retirement. Support triage of system and customer issues in timely and quality fashion. Lead activities of software engineers and technical program managers.
This position is a senior software engineering position in the Cloud Platform Engineering (CPE) group. CPE is responsible for designing, developing, and maintaining cloud-based software services for Ford Motor Company and Lincoln connected vehicles. In this role you will have the opportunity to support current connected vehicle applications and services. You will also have the opportunity to work on cloud software that will support the next generation of Ford internal combustion and electric vehicles.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or a closely related field of study
- 7+ years of experience developing custom software in cloud computing environment using languages (Java or Microsoft C#)
- 2+ years of experience developing connected vehicle cloud applications.
- 2+ years acting as lead software development engineer.
- 2+ years of experience providing always-on operational support and enhancements for critical connected vehicle platforms and applications.
Even better, you may have…
- One or more certifications in the major cloud platforms (Amazon AWS, Google Cloud Platform GCP or Microsoft Azure)
- Ability to design and deliver high quality cloud software solutions.
- Ability to lead a highly skilled software engineers in the delivery and support of cloud-based applications and services.
- Experience in managing complex global releases composed of multiple cross-functional products and services delivered across multiple teams.
- Ability to partner with other cloud delivery, in-vehicle and product owner teams.
- In-depth understanding of cloud computing capabilities and technologies used to deliver Ford’s Connected Vehicle offerings.
- Strong communication skills
- Excellent multi-tasking skills
- Ensures operational elements are “built-in” to applications for the inception of service and associated KPIs/metrics are established and consistently reported.
- Data driven but with the ability to make decisions with imperfect and incomplete data.
You may not check every box, or your experience may look a little different from what we’ve outlined, but if you think you can bring value to Ford Motor Company, we encourage you to apply!
As an established global company, we offer the benefit of choice. You can choose what your Ford future will look like: will your story span the globe, or keep you close to home? Will your career be a deep dive into what you love, or a series of new teams and new skills? Will you be a leader, a changemaker, a technical expert, a culture builder…or all the above? No matter what you choose, we offer a work life that works for you, including:
- Immediate medical, dental, and prescription drug coverage
- Flexible family care, parental leave, new parent ramp-up programs, subsidized back-up child care and more
- Vehicle discount program for employees and family members, and management leases
- Tuition assistance
- Established and active employee resource groups
- Paid time off for individual and team community service
- A generous schedule of paid holidays, including the week between Christmas and New Year’s Day
- Paid time off and the option to purchase additional vacation time.
For a detailed look at our benefits, click here:
Visa sponsorship is available for this position.
Candidates for positions with Ford Motor Company must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status or protected veteran status. In the United States,
“If you require alternative methods of application or screening, you must approach the employer directly to request this as H1BVisaJobs is not responsible for the employer’s application process.”