What We’re Looking For
At HNTB, you can create a career that is meaningful to you while building communities that matter to all of us. For more than a century, we have been delivering solutions for some of the largest, most complex infrastructure projects across the country. With our historic growth, it is an exciting time to join our team of employee-owners.
In this age of disruption, organizations need to navigate the future with confidence by tapping into the power of Big Data, data sciences, Machine Learning (ML), and Artificial Intelligence (AI). Our clients deal with massive amounts of structured and unstructured data which opens up new opportunities for you to apply your analytical skills to respond to complex questions and needs by digging into their data-rich environments to find the pieces of their information puzzle. You’ll explore data from various sources, discover patterns and previously hidden insights to address business problems, and use the right combination of tools and frameworks to turn that set of disparate data points into objective answers to help senior leadership make informed decisions.
The HNTB Digital Solutions team is responsible for developing advanced analytics products and applying data visualization and statistical programming tools to enterprise data in order to advance and enable the key mission outcomes for our clients. Our team supports all phases of analytic work product development, from the identification of key business questions through data collection and ETL, and from performing analyses and using a wide range of statistical, machine learning, artificial intelligence and applied mathematical techniques to deliver insights to decision-makers. Our practitioners give special attention to the interplay between data and the business processes that produce it and the decision-makers that consume insights.
What You’ll Do:
- Develops complex new applications using advanced programming tools and languages, based on the project requirements document. Thoroughly tests and documents all work produced.
- Utilizes a comprehensive knowledge of development languages and systems to work on complex projects involving software, database and system architecture design. Leads projects of medium to large scope.
- Provides user support and utilizes strong troubleshooting skills to solve complex technical problems with legacy applications or systems.
- Develops user interfaces for complex web applications based on an understanding of data use and client need.
- Meets with business and technology staff to understand and document system requirements.
- Assists in the development of project scope, fees and proposals.
- Develops programming specifications, logic flow charts and process diagrams.
- Codes, tests, debugs and refines programs on multiple applications at an experienced/ high technical level. May review work performed by mid-level staff.
- Recommends enhancements or changes to technology, methodology and process standards. Interactively and incrementally improves both products and processes.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
What You’ll Need:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or other related degree
- 5 years related experience
- In lieu of education, 9 years related experience
What We Prefer:
- 5+ years of experience as a data scientist or data engineer utilizing languages such as Python, R, SQL, Scala, and Java
- Experience working in a consulting environment
- Previous Transportation Industry experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Data Sciences, Economics, Statistics, Mathematics, or Engineering
- Master’s degree in Data Sciences, Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Economics, or appropriate field
- Ability to travel
Click here for benefits information: HNTB Total Rewards
Click here to learn more about EOE including disability and vet
Visa sponsorship is available for this position.
NOTICE TO THIRD-PARTY AGENCIES:
HNTB does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or agencies. Any staffing/employment agency, person or entity that submits an unsolicited resume to this site does so with the understanding that the applicant’s resume will become the property of HNTB. HNTB will have the right to hire that applicant at its discretion and without any fee owed to the submitting staffing/employment agency, person or entity. Staffing/employment agencies who have fee agreements with HNTB must submit applicants to the designated HNTB recruiter to be eligible for placement fees.
Job Type: Regular
Full/Part Time: Full time
Job Category: Technical Group
If you require alternative methods of application or screening, you must approach the employer directly to request this as H1BVisaJobs is not responsible for the employer’s application process.