Latitude AI is an automated driving technology company developing a hands-free, eyes-off driver assist system for next-generation Ford vehicles at scale. We’re driven by the opportunity to reimagine what it’s like to drive and make travel safer, less stressful, and more enjoyable for everyone.
When you join the Latitude team, you’ll work alongside leading experts across machine learning and robotics, cloud platforms, mapping, sensors and compute systems, test operations, systems and safety engineering – all dedicated to making a real, positive impact on the driving experience for millions of people.
As a Ford Motor Company subsidiary, we operate independently to develop automated driving technology at the speed of a technology startup. Latitude is headquartered in Pittsburgh with engineering centers in Dearborn, Mich., and Palo Alto, Calif.
Meet the team:
In the Performance team, we care about optimizing software, so the vehicle reacts as fast and deterministically as possible. We are involved in multiple cross-functional projects with stakeholders across the whole company: monitoring performance, optimizing foundation libraries, scheduling accelerators intelligently, and generally squeezing more out of the on-vehicle compute resources.
As apart of the Intelligent Systems organization, we are particularly interested in converting photons into a view of the world, primarily via computer vision and machine learning. But our scope is not limited to perception, and influences the whole autonomy stack. We take pride in having a direct impact on the product quality and viability.
Come help us make the world safer, and driving more pleasant.
What you’ll do:
- Architect, design, and implement software solutions that scale from the lab to the customer, for one of the largest-scale robotics projects in history.
- Collaborate across teams on a diverse set of problems related to the on-vehicle performance of the system.
- Develop infrastructure and tools to evaluate and enforce the system’s performance.
- Develop efficient and reusable libraries for latency-critical parts of the autonomy stack.
- Optimize algorithms and AI models through smart data structures, parallel programming and state-of-the-art architectures balancing requirements with compute constraints.
- Drive projects end-to-end and deliver reliable software through continuous integration, automated testing and code reviews, while in a fast-paced, highly autonomous environment which requires a strong safety culture.
What you’ll need to succeed:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, ECE, Robotics, Mathematics, or related field.
- Expertise in modern C++, data structure optimization and parallel programming.
- Knowledge of Python and Unix.
- Industry experience writing production-quality, performance-critical code, and maintaining large codebases.
- Strong analytical abilities to quickly grasp concepts and design solutions.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, to collaborate with stakeholders of various backgrounds.
- Strong desire to learn and grow, with a curiosity for new domains and technologies and an R&D mindset.
Nice to have:
- Master’s or PhD degree in Robotics, ECE, Computer Science, or a related field.
- Fluency in Python, numpy, pandas.
- Experience in implementing efficient geometry or linear algebra data structures and algorithms.
- Experience in software development for embedded or real-time systems.
- Experience in deploying and optimizing AI models on a real-time system.
- Experience in implementing GPU CUDA kernels in an AI context.
- Knowledge of perception or autonomous vehicle data flow and software stack
What we offer you:
- Competitive compensation packages
- High-quality individual and family medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Health savings account with available employer match
- Employer-matched 401(k) retirement plan with immediate vesting
- Employer-paid group term life insurance and the option to elect voluntary life insurance
- Paid parental leave
- Paid medical leave
- Unlimited vacation
- 13 paid holidays
- Complimentary daily lunches, beverages, and snacks
- Pre-tax spending accounts for healthcare and dependent care expenses
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Monthly wellness stipend
- Adoption/Surrogacy support program
- Backup child and elder care program
- Professional development reimbursement
- Employee assistance program
- Discounted programs that include legal services, identity theft protection, pet insurance, and more
- Company and team bonding outlets: employee resource groups, quarterly team activity stipend, and wellness initiatives
Candidates for positions with Latitude AI must be legally authorized to work in the United States on a permanent basis. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is available for this position.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status or protected veteran status.
At Latitude, the health and safety of our employees is our top priority. Vaccination has been proven to play a critical role in combatting COVID-19. As a result, Latitude has made the decision to require U.S. employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless employees require an accommodation for religious or medical reasons. Being fully vaccinated means that an individual is at least two weeks past their final dose of an authorized COVID-19 vaccine regimen. As a condition of employment, newly hired employees will be required to provide proof of their COVID-19 vaccination or an approved medical or religious exemption.
“If you require alternative methods of application or screening, you must approach the employer directly to request this as H1BVisaJobs is not responsible for the employer’s application process.”