Full Job Description
What We’re Looking For
At HNTB, you can create a career that is meaningful to you while building communities that matter to all of us. For more than a century, we have been delivering solutions for some of the largest, most complex infrastructure projects across the country. With our historic growth, it is an exciting time to join our team of employee-owners.
This opportunity entails being responsible for the production and modification of design calculations, technical reports, engineering plans and specifications for assigned projects. This position consults with the project manager to perform research, development, calculations, design and delivery. Applies engineering techniques, procedures and design criteria for complex and cross-discipline projects. Leverages technical knowledge and experience to address design related issues or concerns, working closely with the project manager through creative problem solving, interactions with clients and by completing tasks to meet the project schedule. Develops conceptual and detailed designs and calculations to support the project completion using current drawing and technical tools, programs and software. May mentor, train and review work of junior engineer staff and provide constructive feedback. As a member of the team, you will contribute to the successful project delivery for a diverse range of projects for HNTB’s clients.
Supports transit and railroad projects at all stages from conceptual study and alternative analysis to final design and construction related services. Types of projects may include interlocking renewals, bridge replacements, new track construction, and station designs.
What You’ll Do:
- Uses senior-level technical expertise to consider broad range of engineering solutions.
- Responsible for the discipline-specific planning, work distribution, and leadership and adherence to the schedule, and budget on complex or unusual engineering projects.
- Assists in marketing responsibilities, including proposal generation.
- Develops scope of work and level of effort and manages adherence to scope and budget on complex or unusual engineering projects within discipline.
- Oversees completeness and accuracy of project team’s work within the technical discipline.
- Provides technical guidance and mentoring to team members to achieve overall project objectives on complex or unusual engineering projects.
- Coordinates technical aspects of the project with client counterpart and teaming partners at staff level for work within the discipline on complex or unusual engineering projects.
- Leads discipline delivery on larger, multi-disciplinary projects. Works closely with other disciplines on multi-discipline projects.
- Assists with coordination and planning of schedules, hours, and distribution of work for other disciplines on multi-discipline projects on complex or unusual engineering projects
- Performs other duties as assigned.
What You’ll Need:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering and 8 years of relevant experience, or
- Master’s degree in Engineering and 7 years of relevant experience, or
- PhD in Engineering and 6 years of relevant experience
What You’ll Bring:
- Strategic thinking, with demonstrated collaboration skills and the ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- Working / technical knowledge of rail systems (Track, Signal, Power, OCS, Railroad Operations, Railroad Structures) and phasing/staging of rail systems and rail infrastructure projects
- Working knowledge of railway operations / infrastructure preferred, including railroad structures (bridges, stations, shops/yards, and facilities)
- Excellent communications skills and work ethic required and the ability to attend meetings and provide answers to the client a must.
- Shows excellent technical knowledge and quality work in multiple discipline projects.
- Prioritizes tasks and displays accountability to the project team to deliver projects that are of high quality, on-time, and within budget and scope.
- Demonstrates vision beyond the task at hand and anticipates risks and effects of their actions.
- Understands and supports the objectives that are responsible for successful project delivery, recognizing how multiple disciplines influence project development
- Applies an accrued knowledge base to innovate project efficiencies.
- Uses refined technical skills to identify problems, develop appropriate solutions, and make good decisions, knowing what tools to use for effective solutions and optimal outcomes on projects.
What We Prefer:
- Master’s degree in Engineering
- 10 years of relevant experience
- Professional Engineer (PE) or American Institute of Certified Planners (AICP) depending on discipline
Click here for benefits information: HNTB Total Rewards
Click here to learn more about EOE including disability and vet
Visa sponsorship is available for this position.
NOTICE TO THIRD-PARTY AGENCIES:
HNTB does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or agencies. Any staffing/employment agency, person or entity that submits an unsolicited resume to this site does so with the understanding that the applicant’s resume will become the property of HNTB. HNTB will have the right to hire that applicant at its discretion and without any fee owed to the submitting staffing/employment agency, person or entity. Staffing/employment agencies who have fee agreements with HNTB must submit applicants to the designated HNTB recruiter to be eligible for placement fees.
Job Type: Regular
Full/Part Time: Full time
Job Category: Engineering Group
If you require alternative methods of application or screening, you must approach the employer directly to request this as H1BVisaJobs is not responsible for the employer’s application process.