Full Job Description
What We’re Looking For
Are you looking for a dynamic and energetic company that prioritizes workplace culture and work-life balance? A company where you can accelerate your career while working on exciting projects & learning from top experts in the state? Come join our growing roadway team at either our Indianapolis or Noblesville location!
This individual will be responsible for the production and modification of design calculations, technical reports, engineering plans and specifications for assigned projects. This position works closely with the project manager to perform research, development, calculations, design and delivery. Applies engineering techniques, procedures and design criteria for projects ranging in size and complexity. Leverages technical knowledge, experience and client relationships to assist in the execution and evaluation of project designs. Develops conceptual and detailed designs and calculations to support the project execution using current drawing and technical tools, programs and software. May mentor, train and review work of junior engineer staff and provide constructive feedback. As a member of the team, you will contribute to the successful project delivery for a diverse range of projects for HNTB’s clients.
What You’ll Do:
- Completes assigned work within the schedule and number of hours provided.
- Assist in the development of project specifications.
- Responsible for development of discipline specific engineering project elements/deliverables such as reports, designs, and plans.
- Aids in the coordination and productivity of project team members.
- Provides technical guidance to less experienced engineering project team members.
- Works closely with other disciplines and on multi-discipline projects.
- Performs quality control reviews of discipline – specific engineering project elements/deliverables.
- Assists with coordination and planning of schedules, hours, and distribution of work within discipline.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
What You’ll Need:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering and 4 years of relevant experience, or
- Master’s degree in Engineering and 3 year of relevant experience, or
- PhD in Engineering and 2 years of relevant experience
What You’ll Bring:
- Coordinating efforts of assigned design team to ensure completeness and accuracy of design effort on transportation projects for a variety of clients.
- Development of preliminary and final design plans for the Indiana Department of Transportation and other clients as needed.
- Providing cost control on projects and quality control within discipline.
- Involvement in planning, design and construction phases of projects.
- Ensuring completeness and accuracy of design team work.
- Serving as a technical liaison with client for work within the discipline.
- Responsible for production of roadway, traffic control, quantities, cost estimates, and construction support.
What We Prefer:
- INDOT experience
- Excellent communication skills
- Engineer in Training (EIT) certification
- Professional Engineer (PE) certification
Click here for benefits information: HNTB Total Rewards
Click here to learn more about EOE including disability and vet
Visa sponsorship is available for this position.
NOTICE TO THIRD-PARTY AGENCIES:
HNTB does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or agencies. Any staffing/employment agency, person or entity that submits an unsolicited resume to this site does so with the understanding that the applicant’s resume will become the property of HNTB. HNTB will have the right to hire that applicant at its discretion and without any fee owed to the submitting staffing/employment agency, person or entity. Staffing/employment agencies who have fee agreements with HNTB must submit applicants to the designated HNTB recruiter to be eligible for placement fees.
If you require alternative methods of application or screening, you must approach the employer directly to request this as H1BVisaJobs is not responsible for the employer’s application process.