Full Job Description
CDM Smith is seeking an Intermediate Payroll Specialist to join our Corporate Payroll team in Boston, MA. This individual processes the firm’s payroll accurately and on time and performs basic to moderately complex payroll record reconciliations. Resolves inquiries from employees and escalates issues as required. Ensures all employee’s are taxed appropriately based on their worked/lived situation, including setting up new tax jurisdictions as the company grows into new areas. Work is performed under general supervision.
***This individual will need to be in the Boston office at least 2 days a week.***
- Responsible for the execution of the firm’s payroll, processing accurately and on time. Distributes and prepares payments, calculates overtime and shift payments. Monitors and processes employee time sheets by balancing employee hours and any accruals. Maintains payroll records accordingly to fulfill government compliance and reporting requirements.
- Performs basic to moderately complex payroll record reconciliations, including additions and changes to the payroll system (e.g., changes in salary, benefits, tax withholdings, etc.).
- Coordinates and processes any irregular payments (e.g., retro-active payments, tuition assistance, etc.). Processes manual paychecks as necessary.
- Responds to basic to moderately complex payroll inquiries by employees. Escalates more complex payroll inquiries as necessary.
- Recommends updates and enhancements to the design of the payroll system. Assists with monthly patch testing of payroll system updates, enhancements and bug fixes.
- Performs other duties as required.
- Associate’s degree.
- 2 years of related experience.
- Equivalent additional directly related experience will be considered in lieu of a degree.
- Certified Payroll Professional (CPP) certification.
- ADP Workforce Now & Smart Compliance experience.
Amount of Travel Required
Skills and Abilities
- Good computer skills including knowledge of payroll systems (e.g., ADP) and demonstrated proficiency in MS Word and Excel (including pivot tables and vlookups).
- Organizational skills to balance and prioritize work in a fast-paced environment.
- Attention to detail.
- Excellent communication skills with sense of urgency to quickly respond to company employees or outside vendors utilizing proper media (ServiceNow ticketing system, Yammer, personal email, etc).
- Ability to manage competing demands and priorities, along with the ability to work independently.
- Working knowledge of multi-state payroll tax rules and benefit impacts.
Background Check and Drug Testing Information
Visa Sponsorship Available