Full Job Description
We believe real value is powered by the unique skills and experiences of our professionals. The interchange of ideas from a diverse group of people gives our teams an expanded perspective and the ability to find better solutions for our clients.
Company : BVCI
Req Id : 97841
Job Title : Millwright Superintendent
Location : USHYBRID
Business Unit Sector : BVC-BVOPS-BVCI CONSTRUCTION
Department: BVCI2 BV OPS UNION CONSTRUCTIO
Opportunity Type : Staff
Relocation eligible : No
Full time/Part time : Full-Time
Project Only Hire: Yes
Visa Sponsorship Available: No
Recruiter : Jake A Hojnowski
Location To Be Determined – Will NOT be Remote.
Union Experience Strongly Preferred
Interfacing with and monitoring direct hire supervision and/or major subcontractor supervision and field engineering. Ensures project requirements and expectations are met with regards to craft and supervisory performance, direct hire craft productivity and performance and/or reporting on Subcontractors performance. Ensures adherence by all discipline craft and Subcontractors to safety, quality, schedule and performance expectations as defined by Black and Veatch. Provides craft supervisors with information and technical direction required to complete project safely, timely and in a quality manner. Ensures schedule and project expectations are clearly defined to craft supervisors and Subcontractors. Ensures schedule requirements are communicated to all levels of craft discipline and/or Supervision. Coordinates interpretation of technical requirements. Provides technical data and information, as required, to direct hire workforce, subcontractor supervision or Construction Engineers. Ensures compliance by workforce or subcontractor to all standards, procedures and contractual commitments within the bounds of all applicable policies. For Union Projects – Responsible for ensuring that the daily project execution is in line with the Black and Veatch National Maintenance and Project Labor Union Agreements. Responsible for understanding all Local Union agreements for the project. Responsible for establishing a working relationship with the Local Union BA and the Local Union Site Job Steward. Responsible for ensuring the uninterrupted workflow at union interface points. Has ability and expertise to stand in for the construction manager during absence from site if requested. Has ability to comprehend overall project schedule with regards to requirements of other disciplines or subcontractors requirements. May have responsibility for safety and quality requirements on site if required. Has ability and responsibility to mentor and train other discipline superintendents. Is capable of recommending training and development needs for the trainees. Could be designated as Lead Discipline Superintendents responsible for duties as assigned.
- Assists the Construction Manager in ensuring complete adherence by all site supervision and craft to the Black and Veatch Safety, Quality, Ethical Standards, Lessons Learned and Performance Management programs in accordance with Division Policies, Standards, and Guides
- Is responsible for reporting inappropriate conduct by any site personnel to the site Construction manager and the project Safety manager
- Monitors, verifies and reports on construction activities for compliance with the CPM schedule; tracks and reports on completion of project schedule activities and commodity installation
- Assists craft/subcontractors/superintendents in resolving problems and reports on issues related to drawings and information, schedule, quality, quantity tracking, cost reporting, and safety
- Monitors discipline construction productivity, progress, and cost, and reports to Construction Manager and Field Project Controls Manager
- Takes necessary actions to maintain targets
- Ensures competent and practical adherence to the Black and Veatch standards and lessons learned
- Communicates issues and new project lessons learned in order that these issues be captured for possible future implementation
- Conducts foreman/subcontractor meetings to review/assist in daily, weekly, and monthly planning
- Develops and monitors 3 Week Look Ahead Schedule for assigned work scope
- Develops corrective plan to ensure progress and productivity targets are met
- Verifies that all material, manpower and other resources needed to support the 3 Week Look Ahead Schedule are available and on site
- Develops, monitors, and reports on completion of craft/subcontractor punch list activities
- Maintains a daily log for site records
- Reviews all craft/subcontractor timesheets, installed quantity reports, and progress payment requests
- Monitors supplier Technical Service Representative (supplier) daily log and reviews/approves their timesheets
- Communicates and coordinates assigned craft/subcontractor(s) daily and weekly work plans with other discipline Superintendents/Facilitators and Construction Manager
- Monitors assigned subcontractor(s) for compliance with subcontract scope and schedule requirements
- Develops a stable working relationship with assigned subcontractor(s)
- Assists Field Subcontract Administrator in the preparation of all extra work authorization requests (RFMPs/WAs)
- Assists the Construction Engineer in the compilation of or answering Contractor Information Requests
- Responsible for compiling and answering CIRs if required
- Administers the execution of work packages and equipment installation
- Develops and distributes a Job Hazard Analysis for major erection packages within scope
- Identifies potential back charges and out of scope issues and reports to Construction Manager
- Supports commercial recovery process
- Provides supervision, training, development, and performance management to direct reports
- Adheres to safety and quality standards as applicable to duties and accountabilities
- Supports continuous improvement efforts and the change management effects associated with the implementation of improvements
- Acts in capacity of a “supervisor ” Does not have management responsibility for the people to whom they provide work direction
- Supervises direct hire projects general foreman and foreman and CM projects subcontractors, superintendents and field engineers
Construction Management or Engineering degree.
- Budget and Cost Control Skills
- Industrial Relations knowledge for recognizing and resolving potential labor issues
- Knowledge of union agreements and jurisdictional issues
- Knowledge of Company construction guides and manuals
- Construction Safety awareness and comprehension
- Knowledge of Cultural and Social Awareness Skills
- Conflict Management Skills
- Multi-tasking Ability (prioritize, organize, schedule work)
- Problem-solving Skills (identify, analyze, research, evaluate, resolve)
- Project Management Skills
- Communication Skills
- Constructability Knowledge within discipline
- Construction Knowledge within other disciplines
- Conceptual Planning Ability
- Legal Contract understanding ( EPC / Subcontracts )
- Leadership Ability
- Human Relations Skills
- Risk Assessment/Management
- Time Reporting Systems
- Cost Code Labor Productivity Systems
- Time Reporting Policies and Procedures
- Expense Reporting Policies and Procedures
- Construction Guides and Standards
- Administrative Policies and Procedures
- Computer Skills
Work Environment/Physical Demands
- Lift and carry heavy items weighing up to 50 pounds.
- Stand, Kneel, Bend, Stoop, Move, and Walk long distances in and around confined, cluttered places, and uneven areas.
- See and hear naturally or with correction.
- Full range of motion and flexibility consistent with requirements of the job duties.
- Requires using hands to handle, control, or feel objects, tools or controls according to a set procedure.
- Requires repetitive movement.
- May require work above 5 feet in height.
- Climb and maintain balance on steel framework, stairs, ladders and scaffolds.
- Work up to a 12 hour shift doing hard physical labor in varying temperature extremes and other outside conditions.
- Typical construction site environment:
- Requires working in cramped work spaces and getting into awkward positions.
- Requires working in very hot (above 90 F degrees) or very cold (below 32F degrees) temperatures and exposure to inclement weather such as dust, wind, snow, rain, etc.
- Requires working in extremely bright or low lighting conditions
- Includes exposure to sounds and noise levels that are distracting or uncomfortable.
- Work around hazardous equipment.
- Typical office environment.
- This position is considered a safety sensitive position.
Black & Veatch endeavors to make www.bv.com/careers accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process because of a disability, please contact the Employee Relations Department at +1-913-359-1622 or via our accommodations request form. This contact information is for disability accommodation requests only; you may not use this contact information to inquire about the status of applications. General inquiries about the status of applications will not be returned.
Black & Veatch is committed to being an employer of choice by creating a valuable work experience that keeps our people engaged, productive, safe and healthy.
Our comprehensive benefits portfolio is a key component of this commitment and offers an array of health care benefits including but not limited to medical, dental and vision insurances along with disability and a robust wellness program.
To support a healthy work-life balance, we offer flexible work schedules, paid vacation and holiday time, sick time, and dependent sick time.
A variety of additional benefits are available to our professionals, including a company-matched 401k plan, adoption reimbursement, tuition reimbursement, vendor discounts, an employment referral program, AD&D insurance, pre-taxed accounts, voluntary legal plan and the B&V Credit Union. Professionals may also be eligible for a performance-based bonus program.
We are proud to be a 100 percent ESOP-owned company. As employee-owners, our professionals are empowered to drive not only their personal growth, but the company’s long-term achievements – and they share in the financial rewards of the success through stock ownership.
By valuing diverse voices and perspectives, we cultivate an authentically inclusive environment for professionals and are able to provide innovative and effective solutions for clients.
Black & Veatch Holding Company, its subsidiaries and its affiliated companies, complies with all Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) affirmative action laws and regulations. Black & Veatch does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, religion, color, sex, national origin, marital status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender Identity and expression, disability, veteran status, pregnancy status or other status protected by law.
Notice to External Search Firms: Black & Veatch does not accept unsolicited resumes and will not be obligated to pay a placement fee for unsolicited resumes. Black & Veatch Talent Acquisition engages with search firms directly for hiring needs.
If you require alternative methods of application or screening, you must approach the employer directly to request this as H1BVisaJobs is not responsible for the employer’s application process.