Full Job Description
At Ford Motor Company, we believe freedom of movement drives human progress. We also believe in providing you with the freedom to define and realize your dreams. With our incredible plans for the future of mobility, we have a wide variety of opportunities for you to accelerate your career potential as you help us define tomorrow’s transportation.
As part of our Stamping Engineering team, you’ll help build the world-class, state-of-the-art smart vehicles the world expects from us. Within our plants around the world, we’re constantly developing new technologies and processes to further increase our efficiency. That means we’re continually seeking diligent, determined performers who think outside the box to help us find better and more efficient ways to manufacture our vehicles.
Stamping Engineering is a cross-functional team having the primary responsibility to support our manufacturing plants and implement the launch of new vehicle programs at plants across North America and Mexico. The Stamping Mechanical Engineer candidate will be a part of this team and be responsible for the following:
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team
- Ability to support launch programs
- 2+ years of Strong Project Management skills and result-oriented mindset
- Strong computer skills (Excel, Power Point, etc.)
- 3D CAD review abilities
- Understanding of PFMEA and failure mode avoidance principles
- Strong verbal & written communication and presentation skills
- Ability to operate in stressful situations within timing constraints
- Ability to work with minimal direct supervision
- Able to read & understand mechanical and electrical drawings.
- Energetic personality that is eager to dive in and solve issues.
- Must be willing to travel domestically – mostly short trips, occasionally extended trips for major launches.
- 2+ years of Automotive Manufacturing Engineering experience preferred
- 2+ years of Experience with stamping, machining tooling, processes and facilities preferred
- Get involved early with the latest new vehicle
- Fast paced, creative problem-solving environment
- See your efforts/solutions come to fruition in Ford’s new vehicles
- Ability to travel including extended travel to assembly and component plants in US, Canada, and/or Mexico required.
What you’ll receive in return:
As part of the Ford family, you’ll enjoy excellent compensation and a comprehensive benefits package that includes generous PTO, retirement, savings and stock investment plans, incentive compensation and much more. You’ll also experience exciting opportunities for professional and personal growth and recognition.
If you have what it takes to help us redefine the future of mobility, we’d love to have you join us.
Candidates for positions with Ford Motor Company must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is available for this position.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status or protected veteran status.
For information on Ford’s benefits and compensation
At Ford, the health and safety of our employees is our top priority. Vaccination has been proven to play a critical role in combating COVID-19. As a result, Ford has made the decision to require U.S. salaried employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless employees require an accommodation for religious or medical reasons. Being fully vaccinated means that an individual is at least two weeks past their final dose of an authorized COVID-19 vaccine regimen. As a condition of employment, newly hired employees will be required to provide proof of their COVID-19 vaccination or an approved medical or religious exemption
WHAT YOU’LL BE ABLE TO DO:
- Lead the implementation of new processing lines and repair activities within different plants.
- Support critical breakdowns and develop failure analysis reviews to determine root cause.
- Lead the team in developing new designs to improve existing machinery to improve quality and production rates.
- Project management of jobs from start to finish including budgeting, scheduling, cost tracking and project closeout.
- Work with UAW skill teams and external contractors to define scope of work and safety buyoffs.
- Write technical RFQ & specifications
- Coordinate testing of materials at labs, interpret issues / changes.
- Provide failure analysis for breakdowns and create 8D for major breakdowns.
- Research of new technologies from conceptual to implementation.
- Maintain records for stamping engineering.
If you require alternative methods of application or screening, you must approach the employer directly to request this as H1BVisaJobs is not responsible for the employer’s application process.