Full Job Description
The IT Security Engineer III implements in-depth information security projects and provides support on semi-complex information security issues. This position participates in multiple information security initiatives and provides in-depth support and troubleshooting semi-complex information security issues.
Visa Sponsorship Available
Combination of Education and Experience will be considered. Must be authorized to work in the US as defined by the Immigration Act of 1986. Must pass a Criminal Background Check.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree
Certification Details: Minimum of one (1) technical certifications or equivalents. CCNA, CCNP, CCIE, CISSP, and/or any Aws/Cloud certifications preferred.
Years of Experience: Minimum of five (5) years of experience in information security. Minimum of four (4) years of experience in project or team lead experience preferred
- Has in-depth and expert knowledge in multiple information security specialty areas. Preferably has experience with some Automation of InfoSec tools, cloud architecture, and security, an expert in firewall management, routing and switching, expertise in subnetting, TCP/IP/UDP.
- Can leverage knowledge to identify needs and opportunities and develop in-depth security solutions.
- Has in-depth ability to convert current technologies into meaningful, understandable network and information security solutions that are actionable.
- Has in-depth, advanced knowledge of / skills in the content areas of:##Networking and Information Security##IPS/IDS, Web Filtering, HTTPS Inspection, DLP etc.##Cloud Security and Automation##Basic to Intermediate knowledge of AWS designing and security##Anticipation of future security requirements and technologies##Experience and proven ability to work under time constraints and pressure##Ability with Wireshark and reading packet captures
- Executes the full scope of large, semi-complex information security assignments or projects that involve more than multiple processes and/or technology systems.
- Projects typically focus on the development of robust solutions that strengthen the information security environment and include deep knowledge and understanding of networking architecture, design and implementation.
- Typically assigned to multiple projects at a time and is the escalation point for junior engineers.
- System security projects typically impact all or a majority of Allegiant’s technology infrastructure.
- Actions sometimes influence the work of other team members and some management decisions.
- Troubleshoots and solves escalated, high risk and semi-complex information security problems.
- Contributes to the development of complex solutions and techniques.
- Completes many complex tasks in resourceful and effective ways.
- Reviews systems, network and application requirements / implementations for security design / vulnerabilities.
- Leads or participates in assessments of security of Allegiant information systems.
- Involved in firewall management, network security and cloud security. Heavily focused on network security including routing and switching, vlan, segmentation, etc.
- Participates in and supports Incident Response activities for any security breaches.
- Provides in-depth technical support for semi-complex security issues at all Allegiant locations.
- Supports identification, design and implementation of information security projects.
- Work is subject to little to no supervision but has clear goals and oversight at defined milestones.
- Assists in determining methods, policies and procedures for own work and/or the work of the team on semi-complex assignments.
- Escalates complex technical issues or requests to gain cooperation at levels of upper-management.
- Mentors, reviews the work of, and may train less experienced personnel.
- Works with application developers, architects, business teams, and vendors to build, configure and implement cloud solutions that meet the business needs of the enterprise and are aligned and consistent with the enterprise IT strategies and plans.
- Engineers cloud security solutions to ensure that cloud services perform according to defined processes, meet defined policies and comply with information security requirements.
- Works closely with the product engineering organization to ensure the cloud platforms meet their needs.
- Other duties as assigned.
The Physical Demands and Work Environment described here are a representative of those that must be met by a Team Member to successfully perform the essential functions of the role. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the role.
Office/IT – While performing the duties of this job, the Team Member is regularly required to stand, sit, talk, hear, see, reach, stoop, kneel, and use hands and fingers to operate a computer, key board, printer, and phone. May be required to lift, push, pull, or carry up to 50 lbs. May be required to work various shifts/days in a 24 hour situation. Regular attendance is a requirement of the role. Exposure to moderate noise (i.e. business office with computers, phones, printers, and foot traffic), temperature and light fluctuations. Ability to work in a confined area as well as the ability to sit at a computer terminal for an extended period of time. Some travel may be a requirement of the role.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Disability/Veteran
For more information, see Allegiant.com/careers
People of color, women, LGBTQIA+, immigrants, veterans and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
If you require alternative methods of application or screening, you must approach the employer directly to request this as H1BVisaJobs is not responsible for the employer’s application process.