Apply for this job
Schnabel is an employee-owned, professional engineering and consulting firm that focuses on solving problems related to the earth and environment through specialization in geotechnical, geostructural, tunnel, and dam engineering. Schnabel’s high standards for quality, business ethics, and concern for the communities in which we live are a vital part of who we are. Schnabel is an ENR Top 500 Design Firm with 450+ employees in 24 offices throughout the United States.
Recognized by CE News as one of the Best Engineering Firms to Work for, Schnabel provides employees with a competitive benefits package including maternity leave, tuition reimbursement for continuing education, health, dental, life and disability insurance and a wellness program. As an employee-owned company, through the Employee Stock Ownership Plan, Schnabel employees directly benefit from the success of our growing firm.
Schnabel Engineering is seeking a mid to senior level GeoStructural Engineer (6 to 15 years’ experience) to help support our national practice. We are looking for a motivated candidate with attention to detail, a passion to continue to develop as a professional, and a desire to be part of a strong team.
Our Geostructural group provides a broad range of consulting services including construction documents (plans and specifications) for owner’s and contractors, detailed design, value engineering, construction-phase engineering and forensics. Services include design of support of excavation (SOE) systems, underpinning of structures, geo-hazards and stabilization of natural and man-made slopes and other earth systems/structures, marine and waterfront structures, steel and concrete design, ground improvement, shallow and deep foundation systems, earth retaining structures, grouting programs, design and oversight of positive cutoff walls, dewatering systems, cofferdams, and numerical analysis.
- Lead the planning, management, and execution of complex geostructural projects
- Develop engineering scope of work and cost estimates
- Development and/or checking of design calculations and for-construction drawings and specifications for geostructural projects and providing design support during construction
- Occasionally perform and oversee construction observation of specialty geotechnical works and foundation construction
- Collaborate with multidiscipline and multi-location internal and external teams
- Scheduling, coordination, and oversight of junior staff during design and construction phases
- Mentor and train junior staff
- Assist with business development activities
- Some field work and travel may be required
- Bachelor’s degree focused in civil/structural or geotechnical engineering from an ABET-accredited institution. Master’s Degree preferred. A working knowledge of both geotechnical and structural engineering is a highly desirable.
- Relevant work experience of at least 6 to 15 years in structural and/or geotechnical engineering and a current Professional Engineering license are required.
- Candidates who have familiarity with risk management and preparation of risk registers, slope stability and remediation, and business development are a plus.
- Computer literacy along with a basic understanding and working knowledge of AutoCAD and MicroStation drafting software.
- Possess excellent oral and written communications skills, a positive attitude, and the ability to work independently or as part of a team across offices.
- Effective time management, analytical skills, interpersonal skills, and the ability to efficiently balance multiple concurrent tasks, responsibilities, and commitments.
- Ability to pass a pre-employment screening.
- U.S. Citizenship or Permanent Resident status is required. No visa sponsorship will be provided.
EOE including Veterans and Disability
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)