- Plans, directs and coordinates construction projects, ranging from routine and moderately complex projects to large, multiple-contract projects.
- Scope of human resources management includes both the construction representative and construction coordinator job families.
- Coordinates and controls all construction management activities, including CPM, scheduling and claims administration.
- Provides internal consultation to construction representatives in project offices and acts as a technical resource to other function groups within the division.
- Interprets plans and specifications for clients, contractors and the firm’s field personnel.
- Develops new opportunities for business through proposal preparation and general contact with current and potential clients.
- Assists in administration and operation of the construction services group, as required.
- Reviews government regulations in order to provide consultation services that reflect an up-to-date knowledge and understanding of legal requirements.
- Provides expert witness service in claims administration cases.
- Performs other duties as required. Supervises and coordinates all shop drawing activities.
Highschool degree and 17 years of experience OR Highschool degree and 16 years of experience with a CCM or PMP OR Bachelor’s degree and 12 years OR Bachelor’s degree and 10 years with a PE. Equivalent additional directly related experience will be considered in lieu of a degree.
Amount of Travel Required
We attract the best people in the industry, supporting their efforts to learn and grow. We strive to create a challenging and progressive work environment. We provide career opportunities that span a variety of disciplines and geographic locations, with projects that our employees plan, design, build and operate as diverse as the needs of our clients. CDM Smith is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, pregnancy and pregnancy-related conditions, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, disability, citizenship status, genetics, protected veteran status or any other characteristics protected by applicable law.
U.S. Vaccine Status
CDM Smith Inc. and its divisions and subsidiaries (hereafter collectively referred to as “CDM Smith”) are committed to your health and safety. CDM Smith and its employees adhere to all applicable government and client COVID-19 requirements.
Background Check and Drug Testing Information
CDM Smith Inc. and its divisions and subsidiaries (hereafter collectively referred to as “CDM Smith”) reserves the right to require background checks including criminal, employment, education, licensure, etc. as well as credit and motor vehicle when applicable for certain positions. In addition, CDM Smith may conduct drug testing for designated positions. Background checks are conducted after an offer of employment has been made in the United States. The timing of when background checks will be conducted on candidates for positions outside the United States will vary based on country statutory law but in no case, will the background check precede an interview. CDM Smith will conduct interviews of qualified individuals prior to requesting a criminal background check, and no job application submitted prior to such interview shall inquire into an applicant’s criminal history. If this position is subject to a background check for any convictions related to its responsibilities and requirements, employment will be contingent upon successful completion of a background investigation including criminal history. Criminal history will not automatically disqualify a candidate. In addition, during employment individuals may be required by CDM Smith or a CDM Smith client to successfully complete additional background checks, including motor vehicle record as well as drug testing.
All vendors must have a signed CDM Smith Placement Agreement from the CDM Smith Recruitment Center Manager to receive payment for your placement. Verbal or written commitments from any other member of the CDM Smith staff will not be considered binding terms. All unsolicited resumes sent to CDM Smith and any resume submitted to any employee outside of CDM Smith Recruiting Center Team (RCT) will be considered property of CDM Smith. CDM Smith will not be held liable to pay a placement fee.
All bonuses at CDM Smith are discretionary and may or may not apply to this position.
Visa Sponsorship Available
No – We will not support sponsorship, i.e. H-1B or TN Visas for this position
If you require alternative methods of application or screening, you must approach the employer directly to request this as H1BVisaJobs is not responsible for the employer’s application process.