Do you want to change the world? The Ford Motor Company had endured and thrived for 118 years – through every imaginable challenge – because we have the vision to imagine the future and the courage to change. Ford is redefining how it will build a better world for the future by creating a culture and opportunities where employees will capitalize on Ford’s excellence in designing and building the most iconic products while also helping develop the future of world-class connected BEVs. Ford is transforming our global automotive business to scale EVs, strengthen operations, and unlock value. We will deliver the speed of a startup, with the deep expertise of high-volume production. This is the opportunity of a lifetime. We call this new business focused on connected digital vehicles, Model e.
At Model e, we were inspired by the success of small, mission-driven Ford teams that developed the Mustang Mach-E SUV and F-150 Lightning™ pickup, as well as Ford’s dedicated EV division in China. Similarly, dedicated teams within Model e will create the software platforms and fully networked vehicle architectures to support delightful, always-on and ever-improving vehicles and experiences that will allow us to deliver over 50% of our total sales in BEV and 33 million connected vehicles by 2030. We are building a team of the world’s best software, electrical and automotive talent and turning them loose to create insanely great electric vehicles and digital experiences for new generations of customers. These changes in our business will allow us the greatest opportunity to create value and serve customers since Henry Ford scaled the Model T.
What will it be like to work on the Model e team?
We are passionate about solving hard problems. We create with passion delivering extraordinary solutions to change the world. We challenge…competitors, bureaucracy, obstacles and even our own assumptions. We have zero tolerance for bias or personal agendas. We are swift and decisive… trusting the experts, believing the data, seeking out and listening to bold intuition – regardless of the source. We are insurgents…never satisfied, averse to complexity, suspicious of habits and open to risk. We constantly learn. We focus on the mission and deliver with urgency and speed. We are an agile team… leveraging rapidly evolving technology to innovate, fail fast and pivot. We trust each other, surface issues openly and solve problems collaboratively. Most importantly we raise the talent bar with every hire.
What you’ll be able to do:
- Collaborate with Aerodynamics, Engineering, and Design teams to create visually, geometrically and functionally representative physical test properties
- Develop unique approaches for using physical test properties to evaluate and define aerodynamic devices or user experiences in future electric vehicles
- Hands-on CAD design, fabrication, and assembly of static and functional prototypes at component, subsystem, and full vehicle level
- Project manage and source components from internal and external vendors of waterjet, rapid prototyped, machined components, and composite layup
The minimum requirements we seek:
- 1+ years of working proficiency in one or more CAD programs (Catia, NX, Creo, Solidworks)
- 1+ years of hands-on prototyping and fabrication experience (internship and co-op experience included)
- 1+ years of experience defining rapid prototyping, machining, and fabrication processes and materials to achieve the desired final appearance and functional requirements
Our preferred requirements:
- Experience with automotive prototypes, motorsports, or occupant package and ergonomics test properties
- Ability to merge engineering and styling data in CAD and output dimensional drawings, surfaces, and closed parts for fabrication
- Familiarity with common automotive electro-mechanical components and systems
- Experience conducting Finite Element Analysis and incorporating results in new designs
- Demonstrated Strong verbal and written communication with designers, engineers, technicians and suppliers
- Team-first mindset and ability to multi-task under tight deadlines
- Ability to think creatively and to champion innovative prototype solutions
- Strong problem-solving and conflict management skills
What you’ll receive in return:
As part of the Ford family, you’ll enjoy excellent compensation and a comprehensive benefits package that includes generous PTO, retirement, savings and stock investment plans, incentive compensation and much more. You’ll also experience exciting opportunities for professional and personal growth and recognition.
If you have what it takes to help us redefine the future of mobility, we’d love to have you join us.
Candidates for positions with Ford Motor Company must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is available for this position.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status or protected veteran status.
For information on Ford’s salary and benefits, please visit:
At Ford, the health and safety of our employees is our top priority. Vaccination has been proven to play a critical role in combatting COVID-19. As a result, Ford has made the decision to require U.S. salaried employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless employees require an accommodation for religious or medical reasons. Being fully vaccinated means that an individual is at least two weeks past their final dose of an authorized COVID-19 vaccine regimen. As a condition of employment, newly hired employees will be required to provide proof of their COVID-19 vaccination or an approved medical or religious exemption.